ER Registration Clerk
The Registration Clerk is responsible for a variety of disciplines within the facility.
Providing immediate assistance to patients entering into the facility, answering the
phone and routing calls to the appropriate area, enter pertinent information into the
computer system including insurance; demographics; charges; payments; etc. for
incoming and outgoing patients. The clerk will pre-cert and schedule test as
needed and make referrals as necessary. Be willing to cover in other registration
department as needed.
1. Shall have a High School Diploma or GED.
2. One (1) year experience in a clinic setting preferred.
3. Shall have a knowledge and understanding of data processing systems and Windows application
of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
4. Shall have the ability to organize, prioritize, and meet established deadlines and communicate
effectively (verbal and written).
5. Be willing to work on their own, as well as in a team setting.
6. Shall have excellent customer service skills.
Mental and Physical Demands:
Must demonstrate the ability to work under stress.
Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time.
Must cooperate with others, demonstrate initiative and follow direction.
Check in role – Greet and register patients. Collect demographics, insurance information,
copay. Have patient sign financial agreement. Answer phone.
Pre-Cert Role- Review orders, inform patient of cost of procedure, pre-certify test or procedure
with insurance, schedule test or procedure, inform patient of preparation for test or procedure.
Check Out Role- Inform patient of charges not covered, have patient sign payment plan, and
Reconcile daily cash after each shift.
Register patients for the patient portal.